Springfield First has an opening for the position of Executive Director:
Springfield First United Methodist Church
Reports to: Senior Pastor
The Executive Director is responsible for overall management of staff and coordination of programs to ensure that ministries fulfill the church’s mission and vision. This non-clergy role is fulfilled in the following ways:
- Supervise all staff and execute bi-annual performance reviews.
- Work closely with lay leadership, including Trustees (facilities and grounds), Finance (budgeting and execution of the budget), and SPRC (recommendations of salary increases, personnel issues, and anything else related to personnel).
- Work closely with the Senior leadership team in developing an annual stewardship campaign within our church. (Our financial stewardship campaign will be closely aligned to fit our mission and vision as a church.)
- Coordinate and align ministry and program areas, help prevent missional drift, and keep the staff aligned and focused on implementation of strategic priorities.
- Along with the Senior leadership team, give oversight to the implementation and execution of our 5-year Vision plan.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings and ensure healthy staff dynamics.
- Work with our communications staff to ensure all forms of communication, both messaging and presentation, align with Springfield First’s branding.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Organizational Dynamics, Human Resources, or related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Administration, Staff Supervision, and Staff Health in a large, multi-staff organization.
- Effectiveness in leading meetings, guiding processes, and improving systems.
- A passion for and demonstrable history of identifying, training, and sustaining volunteers.
- Communication and project management skills.
- A Christ-centered, Biblically-rooted, warm-hearted faith in Christ which expresses itself in loving, joyful, healthy relationships with others and personal freedom in sharing his/her personal experience of Christ.
- An excitement and commitment to the mission, values, strategies, and overall vision of Springfield First UMC.
- A visionary leader with the freedom to explore the most effective means by which our mission can be fulfilled.
- A relational individual who loves people, is visible to our church family, and is completely supportive of the clergy and lay leadership of the church.
- A team player who works well with other members of the church staff and who has proven effectiveness in working with volunteers.
- Personal commitment to the spiritual heritage, doctrine, work, and witness of the United Methodist Church.
- High energy level for the demands of a growing ministry.
- Evidence of Christian character demonstrated by a life of prayer and commitment to the spiritual disciplines of worship, growing, giving, serving, and making disciples of Jesus Christ.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
Health insurance stipend
Vision and dental benefits
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Rev. Roger Grimmett, 2941 South Koke Mill Road, Springfield, IL 62711.