Springfield First has the following open position:
For us, family ministry is all about helping kids and families and to see all generations experience true life change with Jesus. We are looking for an experienced leader to help develop and coordinate our family ministry team, oversee all staff and volunteers for infants through 5th grade, and to be the main contact in our KidLife area. If you like to grow as a person, want to join a great team, love to have fun, and have a passion for sharing the word of God with students, we want to hear from you.
The KidLife Director will:
- Assist in casting a vision for the Family Ministry team and create a very high amount of ministry alignment between KidLife and StudentLife.
- Help coordinate calendars, curriculum, events, and parent activities for infants through 5th grade and with StudentLife.
- Equip, coach, encourage, and guide parents as they disciple their children.
- Oversee KidLife by managing staff, volunteers, curriculum, and events.
- Align volunteers and parents.
- Oversee parent education and family experiences.
- Provide continuity for a clearly articulated discipleship pathway for children and students.
- Create Christ-centered community, parent education, and the equipping of missional living.
- For children 0-3rd grade, ensure that there would be at least one mission project per year.
- For children in 4th and 5th grade, ensure there would be at least one mission project per year and one "fun" event outside of Sunday mornings.
- Help the staff team to provide parents at least three times per year with the opportunity to share and learn through Bible studies, short classes, seminars, or a one-time topic discussion.
- Ensure KidLife would have at least three parent/child joint events or milestones celebrated annually (such as kindergarten graduation and Youth Group initiation).
- Communicate regularly with KidLife parents and guardians.
- Participate in other duties as required by the Senior Pastor.
What you bring:
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in ministry area or related field to management preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years serving in student or children’s ministry on a church staff preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- A tested love for God, a humble spirit, and a commitment to prayer as a deeply devoted disciple of Jesus.
- Deep affinity with the mission, vision, and core values of Springfield First United Methodist Church.
- Heart for ministry demonstrated by a proven ability to work with a wide range of people in a church ministry setting.
- Ability to work well in a team-driven group atmosphere.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Is a strong leader, servant, team player, collaborator, communicator, entrepreneur, mentor, and encourager.
- Believes in and supports the Springfield First mission, vision, and the concept of family ministry, while supporting the leadership of the congregation.
Send resumes to our Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Bob Dodd, 2941 South Koke Mill Road, Springfield, IL 62711.