Updated Safety Guidelines at Springfield First
As the Covid-19 virus continues to spread at a high rate in our area, our annual conference has asked each church to support requests and recommendations from local, state, and federal public health officials. To that end, if you are in our building, please wear a mask and practice physical distancing. We also encourage everyone to receive the safe and effective vaccines that are widely available. We continue to welcome people into our building and are excited about our ministry offerings for kids (see below for update), youth, and all ages! Our Covid safety team will continue to meet and make adjustments as needed. Thank you for your continued support and adaptability.
Pastor Roger and Pastor Justin
KidLife Adjustments for January 2022
The safety and health of our congregation continues to be our guiding concern in determining how best to carry out our weekly ministries. While we were thrilled to re-open our KidLife areas on November 28, we believe the changing situation of the ongoing pandemic requires some short-term adjustments for the rest of January. For the rest of the month, we think the best approach is to shift KidLife options in the following ways:
- Full KidLife programming will only happen online. Each week, unique lessons, games, and activities will be filmed, posted, and made available for families to use together.
- Families with kids who attend in-person worship will be welcome to worship together in our worship gatherings.
- Our StudentLife room will be used as a “wiggle room,” where parents and kids can be together while the contemporary services are streamed into the room. Our Sanctuary “wiggle room” will remain available during the traditional services as well.
- Nursery care for children aged two and under will still be available in our nursery.
- Preschool care for pre-K children will also remain available.
- Check in will be done at the pre-K/nursery doors to minimize interactions with additional people.
We have three main reasons for these adjustments. First, the sharp increase in Covid cases locally leads us to help limit spread of the virus. Second, our KidLife staff and volunteer team have had to deal with regular exposures and quarantines, often at the last minute, which brings disruption to weekend plans. Third, we are experiencing a shortage of volunteer KidLife staff who are able to help in this season.
How can you help?
We ask for your continued prayers about the many concerns raised by the pandemic. At Springfield First, if you are willing to serve one weekend per month in KidLife, your presence will be a great help. The more volunteers we have, the less affected programming will be if last-minute quarantines happen. As always, we ask that people not attend in person if they feel sick or could possibly spread the virus. We are planning on Covid statistics improving soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding about this short-term adjustment.
In-Person Worship Services
We offer 9:00am and 10:30am Contemporary services and a 10:30am Traditional service, all in person and online. Visit our Worship page for more details.
In-person Adult Sunday morning classes are also taking place. KidLife is open for nursery and preschool during the 9:00am and 10:30am worship services, and an online service is available for K-5th graders.
Please know that we serve a God of grace. As such, we need to receive and extend grace to others in every possible way.
We are so glad to worship with you in person!